Job Opening: Ethiopia Programme Manager
As part of the Alliance for Accelerated Crop Improvement in Africa (ACACIA), we have an increasing number of priority projects and partnerships in Ethiopia, including collaborative research and capacity building activities.
Applications are invited for an Ethiopia Programme Manager to manage this programme.
This outward-facing role will work across multiple partners in multiple projects, ensuring that shared objectives are achieved and that funders’ expectations are met.
This post offers the opportunity to work in an exciting area of collaboration which is a priority for many funders. It is a new role with the possibility of significant impact and visibility.
The post holder will:
- Ensure the success of a new, ground-breaking project on pathogenomics in Ethiopia
- Deliver a high-profile, pan-African capacity building course in Ethiopia on wheat improvement
- Organise advanced science training placements for Ethiopian women scientists at the John Innes Centre
- Strengthen Ethiopian networks in wheat improvement
- Organise a bioinformatics workshop in Ethiopia
- Facilitate key relationships in Ethiopia as part of a major BBSRC GCRF project on grass pea